The JC asked our head trainer Oli Henry to write a 3-page spread about how to have ‘A healthy attitude to the New Year’. The article gave the readers a number of top tips about how to stay fit and healthy throughout the festivities. Tips included;
1) Up the intensity of your sessions.
2) Make smart cooking choices e.g. steam vegetables instead of frying them.
3) Think about ingredients and try something new e.g. use roasted sweet potato as a pose to normal ones.
4) Don’t starve yourself before a big festive meal – this will just make you over eat during the meal. Eat small healthy snacks throughout the day.
5) Give yourself a new goal – quite often having something to reach for is better for motivational levels.